We are currently seeking Mortgage Loan Advisors throughout Connecticut, Rhode Island and Western Massachusetts.
What Makes Simsbury Bank a Great Place to Be a Mortgage Loan Advisor:
- Enjoy the excellent reputation of our solid community bank, with the customer solution flexibility of a broker.
- Conventional, Jumbo, FHA, USDA, Construction, Home Equity and CHFA product set.
- Regional marketing support includes, but is not limited to: website presence, events sponsorships, billboards, radio and business cards.
- Remote office tools including laptop, printer and industry-leading LOS system.
- Strong support for outreach to Realtors and other centers of influence.
- MLAs associated with us are registered through SBT with NMLS.
- Commissions on home equity loans and lines of credit. Sell the best solution for your customer.
- Competitive pricing and industry-leading processing time.
- Bank has a Tier 1 Rating from Freddie Mac.
- Access to full time team production assistant and deal desk.
- Locally based with local decision-making and appraisals for conventional products.
- Full employee benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability, matching 401k, etc.
- Simsbury Bank is a recipient of the Hartford Courant/FoxCT “Top Workplaces 2013” award and The Commercial Record “Best of 2013 Gold” award
The Mortgage Loan Advisor builds community relationships and referral sources in his/her assigned geographical area, counsels customers on product selection, takes applications, and monitors and ensures the progression of the application to closing.
Job Requirements, Duties, Functions:
- Generate and maintain external mortgage and home equity loan business from various referral sources as established by the incumbent.
- Perform origination for mortgage and home equity lending.
- Develop and network with a sphere of influence to attract and develop home loan business for the Bank.
- Effective database management of client and customer information for purposes of ongoing marketing is deemed necessary. Responsible for attracting business through multiple marketing efforts.
- Knowledge of all applicable state and federal compliance regulations, and execute transactions accordingly. Consistently remain updated on regulations.
- Requires ambition, high energy level, self-discipline, self-starting personality and the ability to work independently.
- Experience in the industry with a good understanding of secondary market guidelines.
- Established referral sources with a pattern of success and a history of proven production.
- Qualified applicant must possess high levels of organization, product knowledge, and ambition for building new business.
- Familiarity with PC technology and Windows is helpful.
- Minimum of 2 years of loan origination experience is required.