We’re committed to helping customers of all income levels bring the dream of homeownership to life. With our line of government-assisted mortgages, qualified individuals can benefit from:
- Low down payment requirements
- Competitive mortgage rates
- Support from Connecticut Housing Finance Authority (CHFA), Federal Housing Authority (FHA), and Veterans Administration (VA)
The Federal Housing Authority backed loans help people with limited down payment and/or bruised credit get the financing they need to purchase a home.
- 15- and 30-year fixed rate terms; 5/1 Adjustable Rate and Rehab loans also available.
If you are a Veteran or active military personnel with a valid eligibility certificate, you may be eligible to purchase a home with no down payment with the help of the Veteran’s Administration loan.
- 15- and 30-year fixed rate terms
- 5/1 Adjustable Rate
The United States Department of Agriculture ensures low down payment financing for homeowners hoping to buy in rural communities. You may be pleasantly surprised at what towns might qualify!
- 30-year fixed rate term
Simsbury Bank is a participating lender in the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority’s homeownership programs. Applicants may qualify for below market interest rates when they meet certain income and sales price requirements. The Downpayment Assistance Program even allows borrowers to finance the down payment and closing costs.
- 30-year fixed rate term.