Access your account with a single swipe.
You don’t need to worry about having enough cash on hand when you have a Simsbury Bank Debit MasterCard®. It’s not only more convenient, it also helps you keep better track of your spending.
- Use your card anywhere MasterCard® is accepted
- Get cash when you need it from an ATM
- Track purchases and withdrawals on your monthly statement.
Safe and Secure Banking
As part of our continuous effort to create a safe and secure banking experience, we now provide fraud prevention on your debit card.
- Effective March 26, 2014, if there are any unusual activities on your debit card, you will receive an automated call from fraud prevention to verify the charges in question.
- If questionable charges are detected on your card, we will restrict use of your card until you confirm the charges
If we don’t have your most current home phone or cell phone number on file so that we can readily reach you, or if you have any questions, please call or visit your local branch.
It is important for you to be able to recognize a legitimate fraud prevention outreach effort from us. If you receive the automated call to verify any charges in question you can expect the following:
- You will be greeted by your first name and asked to provide for your zip code to verify your identity;
- The automated attendant will provide you with the last four digits of your debit card;
- Then you will be provided with a short list of charges that you will need to verify (date, amount, merchant)
- If the automated attendant leaves a voicemail regarding your debit card, they will provide you with a personal message code and phone number to call.
- Please note, other than your zip code, you will not be asked to provide any information, you will only be asked to verify the information you hear on the recording.
- We will never ask for your card number, PIN number, account number, date of expiration, or CVV number on the back of your card when we call you for verification. Never give any of that information out to unsolicited callers.
If you are planning future travel, please consider calling one of our branches to notify us in advance so that we can note your account as a “travel exception” during the dates you specify.
When you receive your new debit card you will need to call to activate your card and set your PIN. We no longer supply a PIN with new debit cards. After you’ve activated your card, at any time, you will be able to change your PIN by calling 1-800-992-3808 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
There is a new number to call to report a lost or stolen card: 800-472-3272. Alternatively, you can still call Simsbury Bank’s telephone banking service locally at 860-408-4660 or toll free at 877-421-2265 and select “8” for the” lost or stolen card” option.