Ready to refinance? Let our experienced mortgage loan advisors help you on your way.
Open an account!
Online Banking & Bill Pay
We’ve upgraded the way you pay!
With Simsbury Bank Online Banking and Bill Pay, when and where you do your banking is entirely up to you.
Simsbury Bank uses Check Free, the industry’s leading electronic bill pay solution for over 20 years.
This platform offers several convenient features and functions, making your electronic bill paying experience better than ever. Some of the benefits includes:
- Mobile Bill Pay: A secure and simple way to pay bills from your mobile device.
- Popmoney®: A person to person payment service that allows you to send or request payments directly from your online or mobile banking service.
- Full-service payment processing: Most comprehensive electronic payment processing and electronic invoice presentment experience, with unparalleled functionality.
- Rich user interface featuring the intuitive “Payment Assistant”: Makes it easy for you to receive and view your e-bills, pay bills, and maintain complete control over your money movement activities.
Plus, access to:
- Check balances and view account history
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Pay your bills online with Bill Pay provided through our partnership with iPay Technologies
- View fronts and backs of cleared checks
- Process stop payments
- Take an advance on an established line of credit with an available balance or make home equity line of credit payments electronically
- Organize your expenses by categories
- Download account histories to Intuit’s Quicken® and QuickBooks®
For answers to frequently asked questions regarding our Online Banking feature, Popmoney, please refer to the list below. Or, feel free to call or visit your local branch.
What is Person-to-Person or Popmoney?
Popmoney is a Person-to-Person program that allows you to electronically send money to any individual located in the United States. You will not be asked to enter their account number and routing number. Instead – you will be asked to specify how you wish to send the payment. You will be able to send either a secure text message or email communication. With your transfer, you will enter a password that should be provided to the recipient. They will be sent a secure website that walks them through the steps of collecting the money you sent. With Popmoney, you can send and receive money using your financial institution’s online banking site. It’s just that easy!
How will the recipient know I sent money using Popmoney?
The recipient will receive a payment notification either by email or a text message depending on how you chose to send the money.
- Email address: The recipient will receive an email with instructions on how to direct the payment into their checking or savings account.
- Mobile number: The recipient will receive a text message with instructions on how to direct the payment into their checking or savings account. If the recipient doesn’t act in 3 days, they will receive a text message reminder to act on the payment notification. Message and Data charges from your telecommunications provider may apply.
- Bank account information (routing and account number): The money will be deposited into the recipient’s bank account. You may choose to notify the recipient by sending an email message.
If using Popmoney, will the funds be available in the recipient’s account?
Funds may be available in the recipient’s checking or savings account as early as one business day from the date they accept the funds. The recipient will receive a confirmation email with the date the funds will be in their account.
What type of accounts can I use to send the payments to with Popmoney?
Payment can be directed to a checking, savings, or money market account held at a U.S. financial institution.
Do Popmoney payments expire?
Yes. The recipient has 10 days from the date of the payment notification to provide checking or savings account information. After 10 days, if the funds have not been accepted, the payment expires and the funds are returned to the sender.